MYOPIA MANAGEMENT - REVERSE THE TREND
How will you and your practice manage that?
Managing Myopia is a revolutionary, patient focused course based on the latest advances in research that will change the way you understand myopia. It will help you identify candidates at risk and empower you with the skills to better manage progressive myopia for your patients.
The course includes
- Live webinar with some of the world leaders in myopia management, including Professor Earl Smith III
- 14 instructional videos (complete at your own pace)
- 8 interactive case studies (complete at your own pace)
- Access all content via desktop, tablet or mobile from the comfort of your own home or office
- Module 1: Epidemiology, etiology and risk assessment videos
- Module 2: Risk assessment case studies
- Module 3: Behavioural advice & spectacles
- Module 4: Multifocal contact lenses & orthokeratology
- Module 5: Low-dose atropine & clinical tools
- Module 6: Interactive webinar
- Discuss the increasing epidemiology and burden of myopia across the globe and their local context with colleagues and patients.
- Create a myopia risk profile for onset and fast progression of myopia in their patients utilising data from the literature and results from a full clinical exam.
- Communicate the risks of myopia, prediction of progression for individual cases and the need to slow progression with children & parents.
- Explain and discuss with children & parents likely myopia control outcomes, pros and cons of different management strategies, including behavioural, optical, and therapeutic options.
- Create, justify and implement an appropriate myopia management plan to slow the rate of myopia progression for each patient.
- COPE, United States
- Optometry Australia (OA)
- New Zealand Optometry Association (NZOA)
- South Africa Optometry Association (SAOA)
- Optometry Council of India (OCI)
“I think Optometrists are obligated to take a front line role in the management of myopia. If we can reduce Myopia by 40 or 50%, then that has a huge public health benefit”
How will eye care practitioners manage this escalation?
How do we responsibly educate an entire profession in the fundamental aspect of Optometry?
The Myopia Management Education Package developed by the Brien Holden Vision Institute Academy has tools and modules built on supporting data, to educate practitioners and their staff to offer Myopia Management to every patient…everywhere.
participants to date
report they way they manage myopia has changed due to
of participants gained confidence in managing myopia after the course
will start to use at least one new strategy to manage myopia as a result of the course
report persuading colleagues to make
will recommend the course to colleagues
I TOOK THE MYOPIA MANAGEMENT COURSE AND ...
This course was excellent in terms of content, relevance and the way in which it was presented. I have learnt a huge amount about managing Myopia and my confidence has improved significantly.
Fantastic course. Very relevant and exciting in that it actually changes the way I practice for the first time in many, many years.
The most update clinical evidence are compiled, organised and presented through video playing as well as interactive interface.
I found the entire course valuable.
- Holden, B. A., T. R. Fricke, D. A. Wilson, M. Jong, K. S. Naidoo, P. Sankaridurg, T. Y. Wong, T. J. Naduvilath and S. Resnikoff (2016). “Global Prevalence of Myopia and High Myopia and Temporal Trends from 2000 through 2050.” Ophthalmology 123(5): 1036-1042.